Monday, November 7, 2011

It's a No-Go!

Bob suggesting that Pixie will cook dinner!
The weather has us in a 48 hour holding pattern. It looks like departure will be on Wednesday at noon. That is, if the gale between here and Bermuda diminishes like they are suggesting. The whole scenario seems like a replay of last year!

This gives us extra time to fine tune everything - and spend more money at West Marine! Tonight we are having dinner at Pixie and Bob's house. It will be a nice change from eating in restaurants. I don't want to dip into the ship's stores yet as we need the provisions on board for the passage.

Today was a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky and very little wind. It looked like a perfect day to sail. However, the storm off the coast is having everyone one alert!

1 comment:

  1. I keep my boat at M2 at Herrington Harbor North. I have been admiring Trillium and the other Halberg-Rassey's in the yard. A friend of mine was going to participate in the Caribbean 1500 this year and we were supposed to sail his boat out of HHS to Norfolk (as far as I was going). He ended up postponing a week before.

    I found your blog from The Carib 1500 website. What a welcome surprise. I wish you fair winds and following seas.

    Andy Oliver S/V Scrimshaw (Mariner 28 - 1979)


We would love to hear from you here. You can see earlier posts at